View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 07:44 AM

Liked 665 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAA View Post
I'm sorry too, 'cause 9mm is just too wimpy. I just separated a bunch of 9mm cases from a coffee can that included some 45/70's. Made 'um look even wimpier! And we all know that a Shield 45 will put more bullets towards the bulls eye as the target extends to 25 yrds, than that wimpy "nine ever could". Besides, the 45 recoil & follow up of a 45 Shield is a nothing event, except for perhaps the smallest of hands. There, at least I feel better, even though, we still keep a few 9's around here. For me, 1st grade was about 60 years ago.
If you think "how a bullet looks" determines how much power it has, you failed at ballistics somewhere along your journey

There are a LOT of calibers more potent than 45/70 that have smaller casings. But then again it looks big so it has to be more powerful right?

In federal HST, 45 penetrated about the same as 9mm and expands marginally wider. 9mm hst expands WIDER than the majority of 45 auto hollow point loadings.

The fact that you brought up "hand size" in your argument is more evidence this is an ego trip. The shield 45 is a small firearm and my 5'2 110lb wife can handle it no problem even with small hands.

Sorry you failed to do any research on the topic. Keep trudging around with thinking your 45 will stop the perp in one shot regardless of where you hit him