View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 08:08 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,801 Times in 880 Posts

Well, I took my ex Israeli M39-2 to the a private shoot at a tactical range and got on the shooting line with a group of operators with their plastic fantastic all ready to mow down some steel plates, pulled the slide back and loaded the M39 took aim and no boom, nada. Pulled the trigger again, nothing, took the round out, no strike, tried again, nothing, pulled trigger about five times, BOOM, one round down range. Ok time to regroup. I put the M39 away and resorted to a nickel 3" M13, all the operators just had to shoot that once they saw it.

Took the M39 home and started researching what could be the problem. I ordered a new firing pin and spring. That came in and I took the slide apart and that is when I noticed something missing, the manual safety plunger was not there, just the spring. So I started looking for one of those and that is when I realized that M39 parts are sort of hard to come by. I made a post about it here on the Forum and a member made a comment that he had parts for the M39 including the manual safety plunger. We pm'd and I ordered one from him. When I received it in the mail, I went back to the work bench and installed it. Now before the safety would work but now you can tell that it feels like it should, with out the plunger, it was a little easy to operate.

I took the M39 to the range this week and shoot 200 rounds through it, fast and slow, what a great gun to shoot! It would have a miss fire once in awhile, I need to take it all apart and clean and lube it now that I have it up and running.

My M39 at the range with my 2 new M10-5's.