View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
If you think "how a bullet looks" determines how much power it has, you failed at ballistics somewhere along your journey

There are a LOT of calibers more potent than 45/70 that have smaller casings. But then again it looks big so it has to be more powerful right?

In federal HST, 45 penetrated about the same as 9mm and expands marginally wider. 9mm hst expands WIDER than the majority of 45 auto hollow point loadings.

The fact that you brought up "hand size" in your argument is more evidence this is an ego trip. The shield 45 is a small firearm and my 5'2 110lb wife can handle it no problem even with small hands.

Sorry you failed to do any research on the topic. Keep trudging around with thinking your 45 will stop the perp in one shot regardless of where you hit him
I'm very aware of ballistics. It's my thing. Always researching, always testing. Notebooks full of this stuff. I never said anything about the ballistics of a 45/70 versus others. Just the size, just the size...

As to Federal HST 45 expanding wider than the 9mm, yes it does. It's what resides in my 45. There are some others out there, that do well to.

While were at it, no remark about knocking down a perp with a 45 regardless of where hit.............either.

I just don't pretend to defend that teeny 9mm..
The Following User Likes This Post: