View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 08:34 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,397 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaDub View Post
A little bump for this thread. I can absolutely confirm that both models, the 66 and the 69, exist in the wild. I was able to hold one of each at my LGS today.

The fit and finish seemed well done. Both gun's cylinder lock up was nothing short of amazing. Each were as tight fitting as any Smith I've tried. Pretty much zero endshake or movement once locked in. Timing seemed to be on in all cylinders of both revolvers. The triggers were not gritty but a bit heavy in DA. SA was quite clean. Neither had any barrel cant noticeable. Overall, I was quite impressed.

I can easily see one of these 66's in my future. I may even consider a 69 even though I had "decided" to stick with 38/357. Locally, the price was $20 more than the new production 686+ sitting next to it.
I think with the two piece barrel you can pretty much take for granted that there will be no canted barrel. That's one good thing about the two piece design. Also, there should be no problems with the B/C gap. There is a reason those two piece barrels seem to have an edge in accuracy.