View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 08:50 AM

Liked 3,495 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofnsaz View Post
Time to get a better door.

The home is one of the few places where YOU get to choose how difficult it is to get in to. FWIW, I know a lot of folks who carry. I don't know anyone who carries while at home.

If anyone wishes to do so, have a great time. But there is a lot more to being safe than just having a gun on your person 24/7.

I find the "But it's your LIFE!" argument ridiculous. By that argument, we all ought to drive armored trucks to work. We all ought to work out, watch what we eat, and ice cream sales should plummet. Kids shouldn't be allowed to ride bicycles, adults shouldn't be allowed to ride motorcycles and no one would ever smoke.

We all do things involving at least some risk and do so for convenience or because it is fun. In most places, you are more likely to die in traffic than from a home invasion. Folks are more likely to die prematurely from being overweight than from not carrying a gun 24/7.

As for my wife & I: After 30 years of marriage, we don't spend a lot of time making demands of the other. We make compromises, but our marriage would have ended decades ago if we issued ultimatums to each other.
You may have friends who discreetly carry at home or have a gun in an out-of-the-way location that can be accessed or BOTH! It is still a semi-free country and you can only speak from your perspective. I try not to judge others on how, when and where they carry. I agree that the chances of having a home invasion may be low, but IMHO it is, "Better to have a gun and never need it, than to need a gun and not have it." I will agree with you regarding ultimatums. Congratulations on your long marriage (mine has lasted longer). Compromise works both ways, though. Capitulation isn't compromise. My wife was scared of guns when we first got married, because she had never been exposed to them. Events and time brought her around to being not only pro-gun, but to getting training, a handgun license and competing.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: