View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Liked 104 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdavis View Post
I don't see how that screw would be secure enough for the action to work. It is surprising that the frame threads wern't damaged also. Your experience reminds me of the revolver I bought on line with the broken hammer stud. Bubba did a pretty good job with J-B Weld.
Imagine when I removed it to see the condition - upon further examination of the frame and the threads - it appears some sort of loctite was used.

My heart sank when I saw it as I then felt I would have to do through a tougher job to make a repair. Luckily after cleaning the hole out and looking at the threads with a magnifier, you could see gunk int he threads but they looked sound.

Some time with just that part in some heated cleaning solution I was able to work it all out and they seem fine.

Honestly, I am not sure what my next step would have been if the threads were that bugged whereby chasing them would not fix it.... drill a new hole and size up?

The original hammer, being the SA notch was filed to far for safe, use I removed it all together and bobbed the hammer and it is in the parts bin with a bag labeled for this pistol.