Thread: Show of Force
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 05:56 PM

Liked 2,506 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
Let's think about this for a minute. He used to be a prison guard. Therefore, his tactics are probably based on what he did in a prison. Inside a prison, a show of force is effective due to the clientele. It's what they understand.

Outside a prison things are different. As someone said, display of firearms in your yard can carry some very negative connotations. While those connotations may be what you're going for, it could be illegal.

No, I think your concept of "concealed means concealed" is the wise way to handle your guns. Cameras and police reports are the way to handle poor neighbors. Normally I would suggest just talking to the neighbors first, but it sounds like you're beyond that stage.
Yes way past talking . When we moved in . That week I walked while mowing at the fence line just to introduce and s ay hello. I knew right then this wont work. I learned after the fact of buying that old owner used the property as a winter get away he is in new york. 11 months a year. We closed on property. With him being in New York . He never disclosed his problems till after closing. I called him

I first started haveing issuses. They are two homes on property . One up front and then a Cottage on the rear. Old owner told neighbors would squat on his property 11 months a year. Damage steal break windows and yes even stole part of the chain link fence. I did tell the neighbors after finding that stuff out. That the past is the past and I will not ever tolerate what previous owner went threw. Plus we are retired and here full time.This went on I am told for over 10 years. The pluse side I have meet a few neighbors across from us and nice folks for sure.

Last edited by wingriderz; 04-21-2017 at 06:09 PM.