View Single Post

Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 50 Times in 23 Posts

UPDATE. Range report from today. The Hogue beavertail helped and I shot 100 rounds of Federal econopac (Ammo from Walmart) 230gr ball, 25 rounds Federal HydroShok165gr and 10 rounds of UW Extreme defender. I had the range instructor watch my technique and all was perfect there. However, I still had 6-7 failures to feed, usually the second shot would not feed but it was all from the Federal econo pack. So I will attribute those to that particular Ammo as the other Ammo had zero issues.

The BG.........same issues, stove pipe after first shot, magazine ejecting after 75 rounds. FTF/E same issues. So I called SW and will be sending it in it for repair. If it comes back and still does it, I will be selling it and getting her the p238.

People make fun of Hi Points. My JHP 45 has now shot over 300 rounds of every type of ammo from cheap Russian import to +P and reloads. It has had ZERO issues and if it wasn't so darn big and heavy I would carry it daily. I trust it 100% to protect my family and myself. I have zero trust in the MP 380 Bodyguard and only about 85-90% in the Shield. I will go buy the rounds I know the Shield shoots 100% (Federal 165gr HydroShocks/230gr HST, Buffalo Bore 230gr JHP and UW Extreme Defender, and have one more day of 100-200 rounds of shooting before I call SW. I guess a 4% failure rate at the range with cheap range ammo is acceptable to many. It is not to me.

Last edited by ColRJBrinkman; 04-21-2017 at 11:24 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: