View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 12:41 AM

Liked 9,264 Times in 3,478 Posts
Default Two & Three piece barrel advantages

Quote:
Originally Posted by epj View Post
I think with the two piece barrel you can pretty much take for granted that there will be no canted barrel. That's one good thing about the two piece design. Also, there should be no problems with the B/C gap. There is a reason those two piece barrels seem to have an edge in accuracy.
Their shrouds are indexed into the frame with one, usually two large matching key tab/keyslot points. The matching indexing points are formed into the frame, for alignment, when manufactured, not added by hand later.

It's always been my observation that two & three piece barrels have been immune from the one-piece barrel's canting issues.

Another point in favor of the two/three piece barrels is the forcing cones are always better than the one-piece. They're nice and smoothly done with none of the rough & uneveness commonly found on those hand-cut into the one-piece barrels. I suspect that the forcing cone is created as part of the EDM/ECM rifling process as they've be virtually faultless on my (8) multi-piece barreled pistols.

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 04-22-2017 at 12:41 AM. Reason: .