View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 08:24 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlombard View Post
I am actually planning on buying this:
Model 100T Professional™ Tuckable Inside Waistband Holster - The Safariland Group

Kydex is cool for OWB but IWB all day carry, I gotta have something that feels like clothes. I particularly appreciate that it's tuckable because I never wear my shirts untucked.
I love the look and feel of leather too, and Bianchi works their leather very well. I also used to shoot DAO defensive pistols because of the increased margin of safety, especially when reholstering.

But I tried Kydex and found it to be more compact, to protect the gun better from sweat, and it was a little better priced than most good leather holsters (not so today). I also tried striker fired guns and switched over. I found I had a lot of preconceived notions that were holding me back from progressing with new advancements in CCW.

The above holster has rather poor reviews because of the minimalist clip. That is where the rubber meets the road with a holster. If the belt attachment is not robust and well placed, the holster may move, tilt or not work right on some belts. The advantage of this being tuckable may be lost with other characteristics.

I never found a tuckable that met all my requirements for stability and concealment. It was always too much of a compromise, especially if it had robust clip(s) to attach it. When I worked, it was always in a suit, and I often removed my suit coat. In 1995 I settled on using a small Shield size gun in small pocket size Thunderwear (deep AIWB), and when I dress with a tucked in shirt that has been my method of carry for 22 years.

I consider it deep carry, more concealed and therefore a little harder to draw and to reholster. The former is a training issue; the latter a non-issue, as reholstering is the least of my concerns if I have to use the gun for defense. It's comfortable, discreet, and bathroom duties are easier than with any other holster. I can wear a typical dress belt that would not support a gun, and nothing shows externally.

Just some additional options that I have found work for me. I have carried concealed, including with full size pistols, almost every day (except for travel) for over 25 years.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: