View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 10:29 AM

Liked 325 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martybee View Post
I have heard and read so many good remarks and reviews on the new Shield 45; I am contemplating a purchase of one from my LGS&R. I plan on renting one to try. I find, "Try before you Buy" is a good way to go! Gun rental on Wed. is only $1.00. for members.

If I can handle the recoil and aggressive stippling of the grip, I will probably get one. I have the Shield in 9mm. and I love the way it shoots.
My membership at my LGS&R is about to end and if I buy a firearm from them I get a renewal! Good for a year. It's like getting a discount on the gun!
You'll probably find the re-coil isn't much more than the 9mm Shield. That's what really surprised me the first time I fired mine. I expected much more re-coil from a smaller 45, compared to my other 45's. In fact, when I first heard about a 45 size Shield, I totally dismissed the idea. I've now owned one since last summer. It hasn't failed with many brands of store bought ammo or reloads. Always fun to shoot at paper targets, colored water bottles, and a bunch of other metal targets we set up in the desert. That's because it's so accurate, for such a small 45.
The Following User Likes This Post: