Thread: Show of Force
View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 12:38 PM

Liked 2,506 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkin' trails View Post
What may happen in a corrections facility differs greatly from measures we can take in the outside world, at least for those of us who do not wish to become residents of said facility.

I don't live in a rural area, but have family that are rooted in rural communities and even have law enforcement experience in rural settings. There are at least two types of net-do-wells in the country (like there are in any neighborhood); those who grew up there and are multigenerational useless, and those who moved out of the big city to avoid social services, etc. The later can usually be persuaded to move again when social services or related entity obtains their current whereabouts. The former will take some effort.

I don't know how much you've discussed the issue with the Sheriff/command staff, but you should. They really need to be aware of the problems you're having with your neighbors. Typically, country thugs are engaging in criminal activity to support themselves; drugs, burglary, oil well engine theft, machinery theft, etc. Law enforcement focus on them might clear up some regional cases. These types of criminals tend to roam multiple counties.

Many rural departments don't have the resources to do much more than the basics, so keep that in mind. Several areas around the nation have grant-funded organizations that own, and can loan out tech and surveillance equipment to departments that don't have those resources.

I would suggest you talk to an attorney also, and not necessarily a local practitioner. But in the end. to deal with these folks, police and lawyers are going to need EVIDENCE. That's where your security systems, video surveillance, enhanced by good fencing and lighting are going to be necessary. Remember to make sure any surveillance footage gets uploaded into someplace other than the computer hard drive that they can steal.

Tom Givens is a long time respected national firearms instructor in the Memphis area. He publishes a periodic newsletter that occasionally includes tips on home defense. Set your search engine for him or Range Master. I access his newsletter through Greg Ellifritz' Active Response website. It's one resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The S O know these folks real well. They have advised us in past that all residents at that house are mentally ill and all are felons. Robbery , Strong arm robbery,breaking entering assualt. They also harbored another felon there all last year . A sexual offender he did the same thing early this year rape a women at knife point. Car jacked an 18 year old girl at knife point. She jummped put put of the moveing car to get away from him. We had a ton of cops over there

Last edited by wingriderz; 04-22-2017 at 12:49 PM.