View Single Post

Old 04-22-2017, 09:40 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 6,743 Times in 2,526 Posts

Here are my house guns on a visit to the range. From left to right: first is a Colt Series 70 in 45 ACP that's wearing a slide with BoMar sights on it. When on duty there's another slide with night sights. It lives in the nightstand next to my bed. Next is a Rock Island Armory compact 45 which is by my right hand as I type this. It's for answering any knocks on the door late at night while I'm playing on the forumn. It has since had Novak night sights installed. Next is a Colt Combat Commander, also in 45 and also with Novak night sights that is on a shelf next to my chair in the gun room off the garage. Like the RIA it's for inventigating any 'noises off' if I'm in there at night. Last is a S&W 625 Mountain Gun in 45 Colt that resides in a drawer in the end table next to my easy chair in the living room. I used to have an automatic pistol there, but the drawer also has a pair of scissors, a magnifying glass, pens and various other things that make it not a comfortable environment for an automatic. All get fired occasionally. They've had a few rounds of their service ammo: Speer 230 gr HPs for the 45 ACPs, to insure there are no functioning problems, and they get shot a lot more with cast bullet handloads. I don't intend to pocket the Series 70 or the Combat Commander, so they get 10 round magazines. I figure I'm well prepared to repel boarding parties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0738.JPG (74.4 KB, 34 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: