Thread: My Rifle..
View Single Post

Old 04-23-2017, 08:25 AM
US Veteran

Liked 138 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakco View Post
A little bit of contradiction there. While damage is unlikely, it's possible if one get over zealous and starts grinding instead of polishing. You also just wasted $26 and are right back where you started or worse off. Milspec triggers aren't known for their consistent quality.

Yep, just what I said. I have done it and I was not content with the result. I then tried an ALG and didn't care for that either. I now have a Velocity 3# trigger w/zero creep and a "glass rod" break. The Velocity is exactly what I was looking for. For $135 (Google it) it was well worth it! As always, YMMV.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
I tried the mod as well and wasn't at all impressed with it, it feels slightly better but in no way comes close to a nice after market trigger.

I run Geissele on all my riffles so that might have spoiled me when trying this mod.

On my Daniel defense I run the SSA-E, on my sport II and BCM I run the SSA. For Easter many sites had triggers on sale so I grabbed another SSE for later on.

The SSA-E on my DD M4V11 Pro really helps with those accurate shots using a scope and bipod.

On my other two I like the feel of the SSA but can't really say I shoot any better than I did with the OEM GI trigger. I would say if your not completely unhappy with the GI trigger that it's not really a mod that needs to be done. At least at first.

If it's your first AR trigger I would save your money and get use to your rifle before messing with the trigger, IMO.