View Single Post

Old 04-23-2017, 10:04 AM

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-35 View Post
FT, I had about 70 High Standard's in my collection before I broke it up. The G series guns were made after WWII until 1950. They were the first to have the interchangable barrels. The G sereis have the 'lever' take down, the next series have a small button, then the large button.
The G series included the Mod GB, GD, GE & GO. The GE & GO were the top of tbe line gun of this series. The GE is .22 Long Rifle, the GO 'Olympic' is in .22 Short. Your Mod GE is an excellent gun (as are all of the Hamden guns) & Mod GE & GO guns bring a large premium. Both are rarly encountered, especially the GO Olympic. Exc. Condition Mod GE's Will bring in the $1200. range to a serious collector, more if in the orig.box. Congratulations on owning one of the best .22 autos made. If you miss your shot while shooting a High Standard (Hamden or New Haven) it is seldom ever the guns fault. Art
I just looked at mine --- no designation like you are stating- mine says Model 103. It is a Supermatic Citation with the factory 8" barrel & all the accessories, including a brand-new, still in the box 10 rd. magazine! Took muzzle brake off due to lead build-up inside after shooting lots of competition with it.
The Following User Likes This Post: