View Single Post

Old 04-23-2017, 05:50 PM

Liked 4,674 Times in 2,062 Posts

I really like Hogue Tamers. My LCR came with them stock which was a good thing because shooting 357 mags even with them is more than a handful of recoil. I wouldn't even think of putting wood or hard grips on it.
I put Hogue Tamers on an SP101 327 magnum and they made a world of difference. I shot the 327 magnum rounds three times when I first got it. That's all of that I wanted for bone shaking pain. I put up the gun and ordered the Hogue grips right then. Huge difference in recoil feel and control.

I just put a set of Pachmyr grippers on my Charter Bulldog and they do a really good job. They are a bit big and print much more than the stock grips for sure. I am leaving them on the gun and it is my latest carry piece. I really like the 44 special round. The recoil was nothing like I expected from a 44. But I am not going to expect that from the 44 magnum.

I have decided the Pachs are to big for carry due to size of them. Also the grips have a gap running down the back strap I can put my fingernail in and the grips have a gap on sides of the frame. The grips have a fairly large gap on top just below the hammer. I decided to put the original grips back on. I checked with CTD for a refund and they gave me a first time courtesy refund of the grips price only but said I didn't even have to return the grips. I was a happy camper with CTD.

Last edited by gman51; 04-24-2017 at 10:25 PM.