View Single Post

Old 04-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Liked 156 Times in 103 Posts
Default Nope.

"I will offer that, I've found all of my Shields to have very workable triggers as is, right out of the box. If you just want to change the parts, then by all means, go buy yourself something pretty."

I disagree. Apex sear (and maybe trigger) is not just a pretty face. When a gun comes OEM with7-9 lbs of pull, it just plain is NOT as nice to shoot as one with a smoother, 4-5 lb pull. Polishing is a no brainer, and as said, the striker block is critical. That being said, it is common knowledge that a heavy trigger can contribute to the shooter developing a flinch, not to mention pulling the gun off aim point. Trigger practice is valuable, no doubt. But there is a reason so many of us Shield and M&P owners tout the Apex. It's not just smoke and mirrors......Personally, I installed just the sear, and polished. I have about a 4 1/2 lb smooth trigger. Takes the gun from "tolerable" to a "pleasure" to shoot. To date, I have done pretty much the same to 9 customer's M&Ps. Not one complaint...... YMMV

Last edited by jim46ok; 04-24-2017 at 12:55 PM.