View Single Post

Old 04-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Other Numbers on the Weapon & What Grips to get?

I Too Appreciate the Information that you have given, it has answered several of My Questions...

And

HAS GENERATED A FEW OTHERS... My Weapon came from my Grandfather, My father said it came from when he Served on Active Duty, (NAVY) ...

It's Serial no. is 827 0xx - SO I would assume that it was produced around Feb 1941 if I read this post correctly???

My Question to you all is:

1) Why is there a DIFFERENT number on the Yoke AND that same Different Number Under the Yoke on the Frame? Yet on the Frame, Cylinder, Barrel & Grips they have the same number but Not the same as the Yoke and Under the Yoke?

AND

2) Why would someone overstamp the V with a number 1 to make it look like an "N"... I did read that it is only a makers Mark, But Still.... Also there is a Number 2 Stamped a few MM from the V-now an N.... WHat could that mean? An update of some kind?

ONE Last Question

3) Where Can I Find some Rubber Grips for this Model???

I Have the Original Matching Numbered Wood Grips and do Not want to put any ware and tear on them at the Range, Not to mention they are not that comfortable in/on my hands.

I have Tried the "K", "L" & "N" Frame Grips from Hogue and Pachmayr at my local Sporting Store, But they are all WAY to BIG... Any Help in this Area would GREATLY be Appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg On Frame Under Yoke ~ Photo3874 ~ m1.JPG (39.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg On Yoke ~ Photo3888 ~ m1.JPG (68.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Barrel ~ Photo3871 ~ m1.JPG (36.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Bottom Strap ~ Photo3860 ~ m1.JPG (47.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Grips ~ Photo3896 ~ m1.JPG (132.3 KB, 15 views)