View Single Post

Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM

Liked 9,018 Times in 3,192 Posts

I'm not too enthralled with the black thumb latch myself, but that is something that can easily be fixed. I rather the old style thumb latches anyways, so when I buy a 69 snubby I will simply buy myself the old style stainless latch thumbpiece to put on the pistol. And I don't have a problem with a 2 piece barrel either. Dan Wesson has done them for decades and they have a reputation for accuracy. As for the IL, it's ugly but a non-issue for me. I already have 2 guns that have them, so another won't be any bother.

I'm also an old codger and I love my old N frames, but I also like my 627 Pro 8 shot 357 too. It doesn't look as good to me as the older guns with it's slab sided barrel, but it is immensely functional, accurate and fun to shoot. And the 44 mag 5 shot 69 looks like something I would like also. The only reason I'm not buying one right away is due to the fact that I just spent all my ready pistol money on buying another 27-2 so that I could complete my collection of 27's with the commonly available barrel lengths.