View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 12:42 AM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

I have learned when you ask for ammo advice on the internet most people will end up more confused than before they asked the question.

Let's face it, a handgun cartridge no matter which one, is not going to be as effective as a rifle, or shotgun. Not just my opinion but the opinion of coroners, and doctors.

Truth is chances of being a victim of a crime is low, even lower with SA, and common sense. Then their is most people fear getting shot, even criminals. They see a gun, and that is enough.

IMHO shot placement is the most important if firearm has to be fired in self defense. There are cases where people continue to fight after being shot, but that has been the case with almost all calibers.

I hope the OP can come to some conclusion from the confusion. I would suggest carry what he feels comfortable with. Survival IMO is more important than warranty, but I am not suggesting +P. Not taking a stand either way.

The OP should consider the options, and one of them might be move up to a 9MM if he wants more energy.