View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddollar View Post
Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. Note the video of the city cop in Canton, Ohio who was caught verbally abusing a motorist who was trying to present his carry permit to the cop as required in Ohio and couldn't get a word in edgewise, then got another raft of grief for supposedly not informing the cop that he was carrying (while the city cop was on his initial tirade). With the downside being so great from running into the rotten apple in the barrel, the consensus on the various web sites I have seen is to not disclose carrying a firearm unless the state law requires it or you are being ordered out of the vehicle.
There's not enough bandwidth to list all the things those two cops did wrong that night. Nothing the driver could have done differently other than not being in Crack Town at 2Am with a hooker (didn't someone mention something about this earlier in the thread ). So while I find fault with the two cops 100%... I also say that being at stupid places doing stupid things with stupid people invites stupid things to happen.

There's no duty to notify in Tennessee. A lot of folks have guns in their cars, carry permit or not. Cops around here know this and handle theirselves quite well.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-25-2017 at 09:18 AM.