View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM

Liked 48 Times in 44 Posts

So got the Q-series in, wore it a bit yesterday and found some pros and cons.

First, one of my first holsters I got to try was a basic Galco with a fat clip against the slide. In AIWB it is close to 12:30-1 oclock so it gets bulky front and center. No go. That's why I really want the clip to be offset, or inline with the grip and that seems to be in the "tuckable" design.

Here is the Q-series next to the Sticky Holster:

At first I thought the metal clip was sticking out much more than pictured above by 'gatekeeper' but it was nice as it keeps the grip pressed in moreso than the Sticky ever did.

The Sticky protects the slide and is pretty bulky (but not as bulky as a clip in front of the slide) which is why I was looking into Kydex.

Compared to the Sticky, it is obvi more minimalist but I am now thinking too minimal-- due to where I have to wear it, the slide (barrel) is exposed to the rear of jean buttons/zippers. Aside from that, it'd be nice to have a full sweat guard. Summers are 110s here, I don't mind wiping it down/cleaning often, but the button just about does it for me.

Other than that, the Q-series is pretty nice. It taught me I don't NEED it too deep to be concealed (have a better idea of ride height I want/need) and comfortable (so far the most comfortable holster I've tried) which makes me hopeful for a similar design in Kydex. The offset/tuckable clip placement seems to compromise stability like CB3 says, but is worth the less bulk to me.

Extra pics in case others are interested.

On to the next one...

Last edited by greeenteeee; 04-25-2017 at 04:29 PM.