View Single Post

Old 04-25-2017, 08:25 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 2,515 Times in 1,306 Posts

"Sounds like a build up of nickel on parts that rub." I believe this statement to be absolutely correct. I'd start by removing the stocks and drive the pin out of the frame that the Safety Lever pivots about; at the bottom of the grip frame. I believe this would be the most likely part that got an excess build up of nickel. The sides of this part may be rubbing and, if so, would need to be polished down. Before doing anything drastic, run a (number) drill through the hole of the safety lever to remove any excess plating being careful NOT to remove any of the safety lever metal; only the plating. Reassemble the safety lever and try it for function; don't forget to lube it. If it works then you're done. If not, remove the lever again and then the pin at the top of the lever on the grip frame, and remove the Safety Latch; the part that blocks the hammer movement - remember that it is spring loaded. Run a drill through the body of that piece, clean the slot that it pivots in if any nickel is in the slot, lube and reassemble to test. I fully believe this revolver is suffering from excess nickel unless one finds a broken part.
Mike Maher #283