View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Liked 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprher View Post
The OP doesn't say how many reloads the brass has been through. Regardless, the best way I know to cure the problem is to have the brass remanufactured by someone with the correct press. The press that does this pushes the case all the way through the die and in the process resizes it from the mouth all the way to the rim, tightening the primer cup as well. Normally, folks that offer this service only do large quantities of brass. When I had my 45 brass done several years ago I had all 15000 pieces done at one time...two 5 gallon buckets worth. Cost me about $60 but considering it all feeds through my Dillon 1050 like new and chambers perfectly, it was money well spent.
Keith
Most of my brass has been loaded many times. How many? Can't tell you. I just check them after cleaning and process them as needed. I can tell when/if a case splits when resizing it.

Interesting, the bulk "reforming" of used brass. Did you find a place locally? Or did you need to send it out? The price of shipping that much brass could add substantially, to the overall cost.

Thanks.