View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 12:01 PM

Liked 13,379 Times in 5,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
Makes sense, thanks. Gary emailed back and suggested, "Try putting a bit more tension on the hammer spring by turning the screw in the front of the gripframe down at the bottom in a half turn. This won't have anything to do with your action job, it just puts a slight bit more tension on the spring. That should solve the problem." So will try that and see.
I'm really at a loss for words about that statement, no competent gunsmith I have ever heard about leaves that screw loose.

Example I bought a realy nice 66 2 1/2'' barrel and when it arrived at my FFL I thought the trigger was super light and wondered if it would light off primers OK. Bought it here on the forum and was told by the owner it had trigger work by a well know smith (I will not name the smith) The gun was very decent and I know my way around Smith's triggers so I accepted the gun.

I was right about every 2ed or 3rd time was a no fire. Pulled the grips and was going to change out the spring and I found the screw was not in as far as it could go. Tightened it up and all was well. Reason I did not mention the smiths name is I doubt he let the gun out with a loose screw.(think owner did it) It had with the screw tightened right about the nicest trigger pull I ever tried.