View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 PM

Liked 248 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Richard View Post
Before you waste any money on anything, try borrowing a set of different sizing dies. NOT HORNADY. The only dies I have ever had problems with were Hornady. I've used RCBS and Redding for around 35 years, without finding any gun they wouldn't function in. I used to own a couple sets of Hornady, .243 and 32 long/327 but I threw away the .243 and hate it every time I have to use the .32's (which I will replace at some point). The 32's are Titanium Nitride and I still have to lube most rounds to keep from sticking cases in the die. Never with carbide RCBS.
I've gotta say, I've not been too impressed with the Hornady dies either. Not that they've been horrible, but I have them in 11 different calibers and at some point, most of them have given me some problems. I.E., De-cap pins getting loose, bending the rod they're on. Hornady has always taken care of it, they have sent me several pins, rods and the little cap that holds them together. Other little things too. I have started buying dies from RCBS and some Lee too. The Lee's that I have were bought for magnum versions of the 38 (357) and 44 die sets I use. Some rifle calibers too.
I am going to run a bunch through my old RCBS steel die...with lube of course. That, and I'm really considering the EGW "reducing" die. I like the results from the one I have in 40 S&W.
It all seems to be a heck of an inconvenience for one pistol! Every other one I have (several in 9mm!) will take anything popped out of those dies.

Last edited by Ceapea; 04-26-2017 at 01:56 PM.