View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 04:11 PM

Liked 29,249 Times in 13,829 Posts
Default I gess you'll be getting her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColRJBrinkman View Post
Well I bought my wife a BG380 for Christmas and finally took it to the range last week for the first break in firing. It had been cleaned and lubed, though the magazines were new and not oiled. The only Ammo it shot perfectly was the Underwood 90gr +P Extreme Penetrator. Had 50 rounds of Remington 90gr ball and Oi. Failure to extract from the barrel 4 times( had to use a knife to extract the rounds). Failure to feeds, eject, stove pipes, light strikes. Took it apart, cleaned it tried Federal 99gr HST and it cycled 3 in a row then the magazines (both) would fall out after one to two shots. Even had one of the range instructors try it and it had the same magazine issues. Had their gunsmith replace the magazine catch mechanism but have not fired it since. My wife is furious. She wanted the Sig p238 but I went with SW reputation as well as trying to save a few hundred bucks. I plan to take it out Friday with some Winchester 90gr ball and more HST. If it has the same issues, I'll call SW and see what happens.
I guess you'll be getting her that Sig. Peace will be worth a few hundred bucks.

I've heard bad press about the .380 before and I'm still hearing bad press. I'm not confident about getting one of those. Give me a couple of years to see if this 'new generation' pans out.