View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 07:27 PM

Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
Default STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

I haven't loaded in a while and was low on 223's so decided to load 20. 25 gr of 4320. Went to neighbors house to try out his new shooting bench he built. First round blew out primer and second blew a small hole in primer. I decided to stop and take them home and recheck things. I pulled them all and measured and all wete good. I loaded 2 more and went out front just to shoot them in the ground. First one went BOOM!!!. Blew the breach open and blew the trigger gaurd off. Took just a little bit to come to my senses. My finger was numb and my foot was hurting. The pressure had gone down the trigger area and out where my finger was. I am guessing the trigger gaurd hit my foot but I cannot find it. This really baffled me what was going on. This happened the 24th late in th he day. This morning still thinking about it I pulled an old bullits to check it and it measured fine. Looking at yhe powder I noticed it was two different colors. Looking real close I noticed some spherical shaped powder and some flake shaped. I poured the bottle out on a plate and you could see 2 different powders in the new loads and just the spherical in the old. I think the flake powder is titegroupe which you know is a hot powder. Somehow in the past I put this in the wrong bottle when I got done. I don't know how because I keep the bottle I am using next to the powder measured and put it back in there when done. I keep them on a shelf accross the room. I than the Lord it wasn't any worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170425_111640.jpg (67.2 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg 20170426_061318.jpg (97.2 KB, 616 views)

Last edited by kd5exp; 04-26-2017 at 07:31 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: