View Single Post

Old 04-26-2017, 11:16 PM

Liked 48 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleans up View Post
+1 or kydex vs leather. And no matter how minimalist you are avoid the clipdraw types that leave the trigger exposed. Based on your criteria etc I'm surprised you haven't gone back to the kydex in the original post. I think you'll like it and the claw really does help. I may have run a search for that holster myself actually
Actually funny you mention the Kydex in the original post. I was originally against buying an "eBay" holster as I've read poor quality ones won't fit well as a "name brand" and have durability or cause more wear than necessary, etc.

I've looked into many new holsters because of this thread and was heavily considering many of those mentioned. Even Comp-Tac, they have a 2 oclock one that looked promising. Vedder holsters, JM Custom all has the wide clip on the slide. Blade Tech, even some that weren't mentioned. DeSantis has one that I considered but it lacked a sweat guard (learned I want this from the Q-series).

Anyway, ended up contacting that seller of the holster in the original post -- "crazy eyes holster," asked questions and liked what I heard so I decided to give it a shot. I did pass on the claw, is that a mistake? The offset clip on the Q-series being pushed out was really nice in tucking the grip close to my stomach so I'm looking into finding that piece if possible too.

I found the claw for $10 if I needed to buy it later:
Belt Loops and Accessories - Inside the Waistband - IWB Tuckable Soft Loop Struts and Accessories - DIY Holster LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatekeeper View Post
I posted photo with Comptac clips instead of the one that comes with the Q Series I did not like. I ordered them separately from Comptac.

Standard Clip | IWB Holster Clip | Comp-Tac
Ah makes sense. I did have that Comp-Tac clip you mentioned bookmarked, but didn't realize that was WITH the clip. On that note, willing to sell the clip that came with the Q-series?

Last edited by greeenteeee; 04-26-2017 at 11:18 PM.