View Single Post

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM

Liked 1,495 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSanch111 View Post
If you're agonizing over the grips to put on your J-Frame, you're probably overthinking what that gun is supposed to be all about in the first place.
How so? One of the great things about a revolver, as opposed to a polymer pistol, is that it can be customized easily with a change of grips. Different grips can easily transform a revolver to fit individuals with different hand sizes or make it better suited for a particular purpose. Those with physical limitations may find a remedy with a different grip.

Pachmayr Compacs are the current grip of choice. They fit my hand well, conceal well in a DeSantis Summer Heat IWB holster, feel great and absorb recoil. Customizing my 442 with grips that fit me in no way diminishes "what the gun is supposed to be about". To the contrary. I carry a j-frame for self-defense. That's what my 442 is supposed to be about. With the proper grips, it excells in that role.

In addition, a fine forum like this allows fellow enthusiasts to learn from the success and failure of others.