View Single Post

Old 04-30-2017, 12:57 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Any comparisons done should take into account all variables like harmonics, barrel length, etc. etc.. The list of variables is going to be long. And then there are the intangibles that we would all love to learn how to fix. One barrel made on the same line as another barrel may perform differently. Good quality control keeps that sort of thing to a minimum but it's still there even on the best barrels.

Absent any hard data on this question I don't see how we can draw a conclusion. As someone else said different tests have produced different results. This is a tough question really. There isn't a whole lot of difference in these twist rates. But some things have become accepted as consensus like the idea that it takes a faster twist rate to stabilize anything over 75 gr and that includes most 75 gr bullets too.

So until someone produces a comprehensive study (the kind the gun makers don't like to do because they keep people from doing their own experiments which means more money for them) I will grab my popcorn and take a seat and keep my 2 cents.