View Single Post

Old 04-30-2017, 06:25 PM

Liked 420 Times in 271 Posts

OK Rastoff....just for you my man (and to help out swsig)

First piccy shows the tangs out of their groove due to unlocking the floorplate from the base, they should be straight up and down along the long axis of the mag when seated in their base slots. This denotes that the floorplate is also canted/stuck inside at this angle on a perpendicular...

Second piccy shows the whole mess pulled apart, note the tangs and their notches they fit through on the outside of the mag...

Third piccy shows the base, hopefully at a lighting angle so you can see the grooves in the rear that the tangs fit in to, also note the large notch in the front to arrest the large tongue on the front of the floorplate...

Fourth piccy...this was a trickky piccy (coulda been a disaster) This shows all the alignment as it goes back together, then slide the base back on. (and yes I held it backwards and had to spin it around )

The actual "trick" comes when your all done because the floorplate will naturally "cant" like it does in the first pic and not be properly locked in. Then I reach in the lock slot with a punch and work to "level" the floorplate inside. When its just right it will all "snap" down in place in the base.

EDIT: CHECK BELOW FOR VIDEO OF FINAL SOULUTION TO THIS PROBLEM....THANKS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0935.JPG (68.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0936.JPG (78.7 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0942.JPG (68.9 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0943.JPG (63.5 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by Dad_Roman; 05-14-2017 at 12:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: