View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 09:33 AM

Liked 490 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc Pistolero View Post
One thing that pops often is :that powder doesn't meter easily''.I know,after using many powder measurer after all these years that sometimes,when you actuate the powder measure,it will somewhat hang up.We all(I guess)presume that the powder grain being coarse,that some of it hung up interfering with the normal path of the slide's mechanical process.
While I've searched the phenomenon by measuring the actual amount of powder while the measure would vs wouldn't hang up on a ''grain''of powder,I was wondering if my findings are based on some wrong basis since the only fact that the difference was not accuratly detectable with a balance scaled to 1/10 of a grain.

I've pushed my test further(keep in mind that we're looking at handgun handloads being shot at between 20 to 35 yards)and I haven't found any difference between(hang up loads and no hang up loads at these distances.
I'm beginning to think that ''not easy to meter powders''are as good as ''easymeetering powders''.
Anybody tried anythng similar?
Qc
This has more to do with whether the powder measure aperture on a smaller loader is wide enough to allow the powder to flow freely. Very small loads require smaller, more free-flowing granules.