View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 01:33 PM

Liked 2,933 Times in 1,071 Posts

I'm good with all types of actions. Just need to practice to be proficient with the various designs. I've carried single action 1911s, DA/SA guns, and striker fired, as well. I think there are merits to each.

For a carry gun, it boils down to how well the actual gun meets my needs in terms of reliability, size/capacity, and of course, how well it shoots. In a lot of ways, I think that DA/SA is a good choice for carry, but I realize some people have a hard time getting past the heavier DA first pull... Also something to be said about a gun having a hammer. I do like the simplicity of Glocks, and carry a couple of them.

Except for the 1911s, I prefer not to have a safety on when carrying my guns. This works fine with striker fired, DA/SA, DAO guns and a good holster... Reducing any guesswork is important in stressful situations.
That said, I've been shooting 1911s so long, I'm fine carrying cocked with the safety engaged.

For the range, I just have to like the gun, and I'll figure out how to shoot it best... I have a variety of all of the types listed, and enjoy shooting them all.