View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM

Liked 27 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
J-B Weld Epoxy Putty. Look closely at grips and find where the loose place(s) are . Clean the wood , wax the metal frame. Work with one side at a time. Place a small amount of epoxy putty where the loose spot(s) is/are , place the frame in and squeeze in place , let cure. scrape off any excess .
Now do the other side , use just a little putty in the loose spot(s) , put both sides together and tighten screw, Now...remove the screw and double check that the epoxy is not oozing out and cementing both grips to each other....if all is ok, replace grip and screw and let cure. Don't wiggle the grips until the epoxy cures . Wax the metal ...putty will not stick to a waxed surface ( usually).
I've fixed many an ill fitting grip this way. Putty is easier to keep from flowing into places you don't want it.
If the grips still move on you , you just repeat the above, usually the first time does it but you might need to fine tune the fit with another treatment .
Gary
Thanks Gary! That's probably the most informative response I've ever received on a forum.. I definitely appreciate your time, effort and knowledge you've passed along here! I've got jb weld putty on order already! Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk