View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 11:42 PM

Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
What I like about that line is the YMMV part - we all have our preferences but rwsmith LIKES shooting hammer guns but prefers carrying striker fired guns. That really is your mileage may vary! Honest answer. I like it.

Keeping revolvers out of this as promised, I'd choose a different route:

1. Hammer fired TDA with decocker. I would choose to NOT use the safety if that is an option. Hammer down, decocked, gun ready to fire (like a revolver). So for my mileage may vary the existence of the safety is irrelevant. Unless you practice combat drills intensely and frequently putting a safety on a TDA pistol can get you killed. I have a Beretta 92 and it never would occur to me to put it on safe. It's not safe. Well, the gun is safe. Too safe. The shooter is the one not safe. Again, YMMV.

2. Hammer-fired DAO. I have never used one but to my mind that's a pistol that wants to pretend to be a revolver. I could live with it. (I would not want a DAK - that's just a lot of additional trigger training and I think you had better be a one gun shooter if you use this style of trigger).

3. Striker fired pistol with anything but a "safe trigger". Glocks will never be in my stable. An M&P is a definite maybe but for my overwhelming preference for all metal 3rd Gens so I am disinclined to but a new M&P accordingly. Plus there are still 3rd Gen type pistols available by other makers, some polymer, some all metal.

4. Single action anything. Been there, done that, no longer interested.

I like the comments. Keep'em coming.
I fully understand we're discussing our preferences, but why not?

I've gotten so accustomed to them at work, I actually like Glock....much like a work horse as opposed to a thorough bred.