View Single Post

Old 05-02-2017, 07:46 PM

Liked 48 Times in 44 Posts

Bret-- sorry to hear that. I too noticed manipulating the TDL would get it to unlock when tapping the slide or barrel (careful!) didn't unlock it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boombeach View Post
Hi, new to the forum, just bought a shield 9pc, had same issue with slide locking back while rounds were still in magazine. Happened two or three times, hitting rear of the slide with my palm would release it. It was past the where the slide lock would lock it. It occurred in the first several magazines, then I ran the next 80 rounds or so with no problems. I took it apart after moving the slide back and forth and noticing a slight binding. After examination I noticed a little raised portion in the frame on the very edge after the slide tabs. You could feel it with your finger, I took a nail board from my wife and smoothed it out, put it back together and it feels better. I haven't shot it yet, but I'll let you know when I do.
Any more details on where the "raised portion of the frame" was?

I found this recently comparing two Shields.

The one on the right is the one that locked back at first. It came dry and locked back a few times until I thoroughly cleaned and lubed it. It shot w/o issue in two sessions since.

Take a look at the area next to each other between the take down levers.

When I noticed one was "polished" and the other wasn't, I notice it was raised and was probably polishing against the slide, but there are no marks on the slide. I tried to push it in secure but it does not want to stay in AS WELL as the other one. Not sure if means if something else behind the frame is out of place-- it might be but since it has operated flawlessly so far, maybe not.