View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 04:16 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

I bought a Champion bipod and I love it. There isn't one thing wrong with the quality. It's made from quality metal and very sturdy. It also adjusts on two pivots with a quick release lever that locks the horizontal pivot and the rotation pivot (which allows you to adjust for uneven terrain) and it does it quickly and very well. It locks solidly and it stays put when you lock it. The uneven ground feature on a Harris doesn't even exist. You can get a locking horizontal rotation. It will cost you about 3 times the cost of a Champion. The Champion with these features costs $45 on Amazon. A Harris that tilts to deal with uneven terrain costs $107 on Amazon. As far as I can tell you can't lock that rotation in place on that bipod - that's a fairly new design for them and I haven't actually seen one anywhere - they didn't make this when I was buying my bipod AFAIK. The rotation adapter for the Harris with quick release costs another $80. Harris makes a fine bipod. So does Champion. For a lot less money. I've never had a single problem with my Champion.

BTW if you want to mount to a rail you'll need an adapter for that. Harris makes one that will work with any stud mounted bipod to convert from mounting to a sling stud to a rail. You can get those from Amazon for $9.

I thought about whether I wanted to go with a Harris or not when I was looking to buy a bipod. I just couldn't see paying 4 times as much. There isn't one thing wrong with the Champion I own.
The Following User Likes This Post: