View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

I wish the OR had been available when I bought my rifle. I would have gone with that. Yes I could buy another one but I just bought a shotgun and my wife might use it on me if I try to buy another AR anytime soon. I like the looks of the OR as much as the functionality. I would keep a set of rail attachable iron sights for the infrequent times my red dot might quit. Something like the Folding Magpul MBUS Front/Rear sights that come on the M&P15T would do nicely. I'd actually think about buying that M&P15T given the free floating barrel design and the quad rail. But IMO the price is too high on that rifle. The OR is another story. I doubt I would find as good of a deal as I could find on the Sport II but likely it would be close enough. The price of the Sport II has been driven down by the flood of available rifles and the drop off of demand. People are still buying AR's but not at the ever increasing rate we saw during the last administration. Prices should be stable for the near term.