View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 09:52 PM

Liked 7,731 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxShooter View Post
Here's a L.A. Sessums left handed holster. It was taken in during a traffic stop along with a 4" M66.
Talk to me about that welting under the liner, inside the holster! I've seen examples of Sessums doing a similar, U shaped treatment to keep the mag button of a 1911 from making contact, but nothing like this for revolvers. When the revolver is inserted, what do you suppose it does for the gunman (traffic stops not included)?

The proportions of yours suggests it was originally for the 4-3/4" SA Colt; are you able to test this? Despite your retrieving it with a DA in it, the interior of mine, which is too small for the SA, suggests that Sessums used the same profile at the main seam for SAs and DAs (mine clearly had a DA revolver in it -- frame and cylinder markings -- yet the seam is ideally shaped for the SA while the pocket is too short and too narrow for an SA of the times).

Of course we know the Sessums for the auto is quite different, being very much like A.W. Brill's (both of which would have been created not sooner than 1929 for the 38 Super the Rangers 'adopted', vs. the 45 that had been around since 1911).

Last edited by rednichols; 05-03-2017 at 09:59 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: