View Single Post

Old 05-03-2017, 11:43 PM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
I went with the Sport, due to the barrel and because it had sights out of the box... the OR would have cost me more to set up to shoot.
I really don't have any complaints with my Sport. I would have just chosen to save some money (if possible) to get an AR without the A2 sight post. But my red dot has no trouble avoiding the use of it and it's there should I ever need it. I don't wish I had gone that way by any massive, overwhelming desire. If I did I'd simply buy one. It just suits my taste a little more. No big deal. I think there are other things that could be done without the sight post being there like mounting a laser on a lower plane than my red dot. Lasers can be very effective in the right situation. I know you can mount one on the bottom of the grip but I like a forward pistol grip so that doesn't leave room for mounting anything in front of it. I suppose I could have gone with a quad rail or the right key mod setup and mount one on the side of the rifle but IMO that detracts from the way a rifle looks. Again this is mostly just my preference. I don't see it as a major advantage or anything.

Last edited by C J; 05-03-2017 at 11:46 PM.