Thread: 3913 vs XDE
View Single Post

Old 05-04-2017, 10:22 AM

Liked 575 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petepeterson View Post
James,

This is a thread where everyone comes on and espouses their love for a particular pistol. Why rain on the parade?

You must have an interesting shape. With the Browning's barrel being 1 1/4" longer, an exposed, cocked hammer, and thicker and longer grip, please...enlighten us. How so?

The BHP was my first handgun I ever bought. It is my favorite. It is flatter than any 3rd gen 9mm I have seen, and with the commander round anti snag hammer it is not that bad. Plus it has a rest cock position which allows you to cock as you draw the weapon.

I went down this path of the 6906 double stack then a 3913tsw but none of them really fit my hand well and they would not conceal very easily. The SA/DA is nice to use in a conceal but my conceal weapons are all Sigs. A 357 Sig can do so much more than the typical 9mm even in +P. I have a stand 9mm Swiss Sig police gun as well. Smith and Wesson makes an excellent third generation pistol but they are weak sauce compared to the the 40xx series they make. I love my Shorty 40, and compared to the 39xx series it will make you never want to shoot anything else.

I honestly think the 9mm Smiths are just an offering for them to say they make a 9mm. The real advantages of the third generation handguns comes into play once you get into the 40 caliber or even one of their magnificent 10mm units. That is when you really can tell the difference, and what the heavy third generation pistols were made to do.
The Following User Likes This Post: