View Single Post

Old 05-04-2017, 03:01 PM

Liked 3,763 Times in 1,784 Posts
Thumbs down Squeezing suppliers.....

is an old and familiar game. As a retired business person, I recall vividly many stories from suppliers to Sears. Sears knew full well they were extremely important to their suppliers and squeezed many of them to death. Walmart is just doing what Sears perfected.

As soon as I heard stories about Perfecta and Walmart, I assumed Walmart demanded lower prices and/or Perfecta said they demanded higher prices. Apparently Perfecta had better options.

Walmart is waking up to the threat of online shopping(retail bankruptcies are daily occurences). Walmart is also very sensitive to local pressure against guns/ammo. They stopped selling ammo at a store in Ames Iowa 20 years ago after a teenager bought ammo and committed suicide. I once bought a Ruger 10/22 at Walmart and the hassle was ridiculous. I've never even tried to buy at Walmart since.

These new ammo laws in NY and CA are designed to discourage buyers AND sellers. Create enough hassle and retailers will opt out of the business. Just a long, slow squeeze toward the end game. Good news/bad news....I'll be dead before they get it done.

Last edited by S&WIowegan; 05-04-2017 at 03:03 PM.