View Single Post

Old 05-04-2017, 05:28 PM

Liked 181 Times in 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottN View Post
As for the Wolff spring kit, I always order one for revolvers if a kit is available. I like my DA pull to be under 10 lbs. I imagine the performance center mainspring will be fine but I may play with the rebound spring a little to see what impact it has (good or bad). It's also a good way to learn more about a revolver. I've only worked on Rugers to date.
This was my story last weekend. My Grab-A-Gun shipment was delivered on Friday, but I couldn't get to my nearby FFL until Monday. What a LONG weekend!

I've had excellent luck with the Wilson Combat spring kits in my K-Frames, but that same kit gave me light primer strikes in my L frame, even with an extended firing pin. Word of caution - when you go to remove the sideplate, USE MASKING TAPE around the screws. The screws often have a dab of Loctite on them, and in your haste, it's easy for the screwdriver to slip... when that happens, you get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach over the scratch you just put in your brand-new gun's side plate. There are some good videos on YouTube for S&W spring swaps. BTW, your Trigger Return Spring won't really affect the trigger pull, but does impact how fast your trigger returns to the starting line after you squeeze it.

Good luck, hope to see some pics early next week!

Last edited by Hopper; 05-04-2017 at 05:31 PM.