View Single Post

Old 05-04-2017, 05:53 PM

Liked 48 Times in 44 Posts

bigfutz: I liked that one too, just didn't like the ambi feature since it has a decreased sweat guard-- something I learned I wanted thanks to the Q.

gatekeeper: No worries, turns out I can buy from Q directly for $11.

rperillo05: Both very good options. The two clips I may learn to want down the line... LOL With your Blue Alpha Gear, does it scrape against the TDL, SC and/or safety (if equipped)?

dan323: Was close to the Cloak Tuck 3.0 but decided AIWB is preferred. They have one for AIWB in the works...

xdmshooter59: I'm thinking the 2 will be more stable. It moving around a bit doesn't bother me so far as I do find I need to adjust slightly standing vs sitting. But that's due to me not having any real-estate. 30" waist, slide is right around the center. Anymore to the right and the grip pokes out (even w/ 7 round mag)

dben002: I considered that style as well-- wish I had more space for it lol.

So got the original holster mentioned in the beginning of this thread:

Decided against the claw at first (since the Q series without it seemed to keep it close), but I have the claw coming in as I type. I could probably go without it to be honest, but I'll have the option.

It was a very tight fit at first and worried it'd scratch up the slide in short order. (yes it's a tool, etc but if possible I'd like to avoid it. My cars could be tools but I still detail them every now and then) Though hesitant, I taped it up, took some heat to it to let it open up.

It loosened up a bit and the pistol rotates a bit around the trigger guard. Guess it's to be expected, but it's my first Kydex so let me know how it's supposed to be. It retains just fine shaking it upside down and doesn't rotate around once compressed by the belt.

Now on the back side against the stomach, that protrusion for the levers
ends up poking me when sitting.

This little detail, however, is similar in many other designs no matter what brand, so going with another wasn't going to solve it. So I ended up heating it up a bit and straightening it out and it's working better so far.

Also, the Hi-Viz sights on the PC was hitting the kydex, didn't with the standard sights, so I made room for that as well.

Seller was very communicative and helpful, even when I was willing to modify for OCD, he suggested I just return it and try someone else's. I appreciated that, but they were minor issues that may happen regardless of brand.

He sent pics of this type of holster he made for a friend. Interesting design, but it covered only 1 of 2 issues I had with the Q-series.

Aside from apprehension at first of potentially damaging it I took my time. Many mention getting it to 200, 260 degrees to make it moldable, I found as early as 150* was good enough to reshape it. The holster maker mentioned having gone through similar "frustrations" before making his own.

Last edited by greeenteeee; 05-04-2017 at 05:58 PM.