View Single Post

Old 05-05-2017, 07:17 AM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts
Default Why no love for the S&W 1911 here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanners Owner View Post
I have an E series and love it. Great gun, superb fit and finish, fits me well. But I notice not a lot of threads on these guns. Any reason why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collo Rosso View Post
1911 freaks tend to huddle by themselves in dark corners of the web, cursing those who question.
LOL!!! Well, maybe not the dark corners of the Internet but if I were a big 1911 aficionado, I would probably hang out over on the 1911 Forum.

Since practically every gun manufacturer in the world makes a 1911 these days, if I were a big 1911 guy, I don't see why I would hang out here. Why limit myself to just one brand when there are literally hundreds of them out there?

I already own two older (1970's) Colt 1911s, one being a Gold Cup, and just recently I purchased a Rock Island 1911A2 after acquiring several old Para "pre-ban" A2 magazines. I probably don't need another 1911... but if I thought I did, my guess is that I'd go with a Sig 1911 over an S&W. I had the opportunity to shoot a Sig 1911 and the performance and feel of the gun were very impressive. I have never shot an S&W 1911 so I will admit that I may not know what I am missing. People that I respect like and recommend the S&W 1911s but it still sounds funny to old, half-senile, curmudgeonly me... the term "S&W 1911." I can barely find them mentioned in the latest edition of the Bible.

Besides, I still blame S&W's abandonment of their own all-metal centerfire semi-auto pistols in part on their decision to compete in the already over-crowded (but apparently lucrative?) 1911 world.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: