View Single Post

Old 05-05-2017, 10:23 AM

Liked 490 Times in 253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornax View Post
Hi folks,

I have mentioned in some other posts, but I am relatively new to reloading. I have only been doing so for about 1.5 years.

So far, I have reloaded in .44 Special, 9mm, and 357 Magnum.

I have been using strictly Unique powder. When starting to reload, i found that Unique seems to be an extremely versatile powder. It is found in so many rounds in the Lyman book. And I never have trouble finding comments or suggestions with it.

It seems to be harder to come by lately, and I am looking for another powder that is versatile. I see many others in the manual, and am interested in trying, however I figured I would ask others where best to start?

I have set myself up currently to reload, .44 special/magnum, 9mm, .38 special/.357 magnum, 45 ACP, and 32/20 WCF.

Looking for feedback. Thanks!
That would be BE-86. Measures great, and Alliant has provided plenty of load data for it. It is new enough that you would need to rely on load data from the Alliant website.

Note that you can also order an 8-pound jug of Unique from Reloading Unlimited. You will need to look beyond what you find in your local gun shops.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: