View Single Post

Old 05-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Banned

Liked 710 Times in 424 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Have to disagree with you here. I think most people that add name brand parts do so because they trust the quality. Many have purchased lower quality parts, just to end up replacing them later and eventually have spent more on 2 or 3 optics that have been replaced than they would have if they would have purchased one known quality item in the first place.

Don't get me wrong... I have inexpensive guns and I have inexpensive gear... and those items have their place. However, I have some things that are more expensive and they do perform better than the cheaper stuff... for example, I have a Nikon Monarch scope on my .30-06 that replaced a Simmons or Bushnell (don't remember which) that came with the rifle. At 9:00 AM at the range, shooting 100 yards, really didn't make much difference. But at dawn, one half hour before sunrise, deer at my feeder 100 yards away... couldn't see them in the cheap scope... not enough light. My son missed an opportunity to take his first deer because of the limitation of the equipment.

No, the world won't end... but your range session might.. or hunt... or whatever activity you were using the item for. For use at the range or a hunt out at the farm, maybe it doesn't matter if your optic quits... but if it is a competition or a paid hunt, maybe it does.
I KNOW FOR A FACT some people have bought expensive parts to show off or to show they have money. And, I forgot about the ones that buy these parts so they can be in the CLIQUE!
I'm not going to quote you on everything you stated because I'm being lazy right now. 2 *******' tests at the drs. today has wore me out! BUT, I know I'm right about the aforementioned things I stated! I even see it almost every day. Most of what you state is true, BUT, there ARE those that just want others to think they are BIG SHOTS!
BTW, there is a website with an M4 in its .net with a carbine, that has a BOAT LOAD of these BIG SHOTS!