View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 12:29 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddietruett View Post
Well I'm happy to say that my situation has been solved in a sort of strange way. My biggest concern was getting a decent load for my girlfriend. She's new to shooting so I wanted something at least starting out with decent performance, but that she would be comfortable with in regards to recoil etc. wanted her to be accurate, be able to make a follow up shot and most important not get discouraged. When we were loading up to go shooting over the weekend she told me that with her eyesight she had a tough time focusing on Sights and target at the same time so she was not real sure where she was aiming. On a whim I took a 4 inch 19 with a set of crimson trace grips. Solved everything. She hits everything she shoots at. 1st try at 15 yards everything on a silhouette target every shot inside 7 ring. She's so focused on the red dot that recoil is not an issue. Even shot some light magnum loads with no hint of flinching. Only downside now is she doesn't want to quit. Normally after 20 or so rounds she was done. Sunday she shot at least 50 and was disappointed I didn't bring more! I've created a monster! Now if I can just get to reload ammo and clean guns. Well it doesn't hurt to dream.
It sounds like you have a great problem. Load up some more,ammo and take that girl shooting even more. I'm happy to hear another revolver lover is born!
SWCA #3437