View Single Post

Old 05-06-2017, 08:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete View Post
I recently installed the apex striker spring and trigger spring (but not the apex trigger). Immediately after installing I played around with dry firing with some snap caps and manually cycling them with no issues. This morning I took it to the range and found that about every 2 or 3 shots, the casing would eject normally and the next round would feed as it should, but when I pull the trigger... nothing. I would then rack the slide, eject the unfired round, and the next one would fire normally. I assume this is a trigger reset issue, but I'm no expert. I didn't have this problem at all before. I would really appreciate any advice or insight as to what may be causing this and whether or not I need to reinstall the factory trigger spring.

Thank you!
I also installed the Apex SD Spring Kit and the Galloway Precision Sear Spring in my SD9ve. I had the same failure experience. The first 100 rounds had about a 10% failure rate. I was using a 200-round box of Winchester White Box. I then reinstalled the original S&W factory sear spring. Ran the second 100 rounds from the Winchester White Box resulting in about a 10% failure rate. So, I reinstalled the Galloway Precision Sear Spring and changed ammo. 300 rounds so far with zero failures. 200 rounds of Perfecta and 100 rounds of TulAmmo. At least in my case it appears that the problem was with the ammo and not the springs. The trigger pull is down from 8 pounds to 4 ½.